Saturday 15 January 2011

ST. PATRICK'S PISTACHIO CAKE

I usually only make this cake for St. Patrick's Day (hence the name), but I was craving it, so I had to make it now, but hey, now you have an idea for a fun green cake two months in advance!! I decided to try it as a bundt cake this time instead of the usual cupcakes and to even make things quicker I used a store bought frosting instead of making homemade.  This cake is extremely light and fluffy which is my favorite type of cake.  It has a yummy flavor and it stays fresh for several days and it does not have to be refrigerated.  (I opened my oven a few minutes too soon and a ring around the cake sunk, that it why the inside is not completely flat)   



St. Patrick's Pistachio Cake
adapted from the: The Cake Mix Doctor

1 White Cake Mix
1 small box pistachio instant pudding
1 c. lemon-lime soda
1 c. vegetable oil
1/4 c. Irish cream coffee creamer, optional
3 eggs
green food coloring, optional

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease and flour a bundt pan or line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.  Place all ingredients in a large bowl.  Blend on low for 30 seconds.  Increase speed to medium and mix two minutes more.  Bake about 50 -55 minutes for a bundt cake or 18-22 minutes for cupcakes.  Cool completely.  Frost with desired frosting.      

No comments:

Post a Comment

easy apple pie recipe that will rock in your house
betty crocker banana bread recipe 1970 banana nut bread paula deen
that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from