Sunday 3 April 2011

Mini Bundt Cakes

I just got this new cute mini bundt pan in the mail the other day and I immediately had to try it out!  Since I needed a fast recipe, I decided to go with a box mix rather than make cake batter from scratch.  My friend, Ashlee, recommended this recipe of her Mom's.  Let me just tell you, it is the BEST cake mix recipe I have ever made and it will probably be my GO-TO cake mix recipe from now on.  Yeah, it was that good.  They are so light that you can eat 10 in one sitting and not even feel like you've eaten any!!    

All you do is take a white cake mix and jazz up the flavor by adding a few extra ingredients.  One of those ingredients was sour cream, but I had purchased a carton of non-fat plain yogurt from the store and decided to try that instead (why not save myself a few calories, right).  The finished cake turned out so incredibly soft and tender, but not so soft that it falls apart when you try to eat it.  I could cut a piece with a fork and actually have the entire piece make it to my mouth without falling off the fork.  Honestly, it was pretty darn close to the perfect texture in my opinion.  Now, if I could only find a "scratch" recipe with that same texture?  

The possibilities are endless with this recipe.  You can make whichever flavor of cake you desire.  The pudding you add will help determine what the flavor will be.  This time, I tried a box of coconut cream pudding and added a little coconut extract.  So good!  You could do chocolate fudge, banana, lemon, pumpkin, white chocolate, cheesecake, etc . . .  Then, add a flavor of extract that would compliment the flavor of the pudding.  I was thinking white chocolate with orange extract or chocolate fudge with almond extract or cheesecake with lemon extract would all be so delicious!     

Oh, and look how cute they turned out using my little bundt pan!   
   
Bundt Cake
adapted from: Kelly P.

1 box white cake mix
1 box instant pudding (the flavor you want your cake to be)
3/4 c. water
1/2 c. sugar
3/4 c. oil
1 c. sour cream (I used non-fat plain yogurt)
4 eggs
1 tsp. any flavor extract (to match the flavor of pudding)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Combine all ingredients in a large bowl; mix well.  Pour batter into a well greased and floured bundt pan.  Bake for 45 minutes or until done.  Cool in pan 10 minutes.  Then, remove from pan and cool completely.  Microwave 1 can of store-bought frosting for one minute or until runny.  Drizzle 1/2 of the can over the cake.  Let set then serve.  If using a mini bundt pan bake for 16 minutes.  Yields: 1 large bundt or at least 36 mini bundts (I lost the exact count because I ate too many!).     

No comments:

Post a Comment

easy apple pie recipe that will rock in your house
betty crocker banana bread recipe 1970 banana nut bread paula deen
that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from