Monday 17 January 2011

OLIVE CHEESE BREAD

This bread is absolutely addicting.  I have made it countless times since I picked up a copy of This Cookbook.  I will make spaghetti (which I have never been a huge fan of) just so I can make this bread to eat with it.  Also, I seriously HATE olives.  You will never see me eating olives, if they are on my salad, I pick them off or if they are in dips, I will pick them out, but for some reason I LOVE them on this bread.  Maybe it is because I chop them so small that I can't taste them?  Or maybe it is because the other flavors are so incredibly delicious that it makes me forget there are olives in it?   

Whatever the reason, thank goodness, because I would be missing out if I would have chosen to never make this bread.  From one "Olive Hater" to another "Olive Hater" don't be afraid of this bread.  I promise if you just give this a try once, you will be hooked.  I have changed the recipe quite a bit from the original to match my taste.  The original recipe uses pimiento-stuffed green olives, but I prefer just the plain pimientos.  I also added some Parmesan cheese and garlic powder to give it a little better taste.        
Olive Cheese Bread
slightly adapted from This Cookbook

1 (14.5 oz.) can black olives, drained
1/4 c. pimientos, drained
1 cube butter, soft
1/2 c. Mayonnaise (no subs)
8 oz. Monterey Jack Cheese, grated
1 c. Parmesan Cheese blend, grated
salt and pepper
garlic powder, to taste
1 loaf french bread

Finely chop the black olives and pimientos and add to a mixing bowl.  Add the butter, Mayonnaise, Monterey, Parmesan blend, salt, pepper and garlic powder; stir well to combine.  Slice french bread in half lengthwise.  Spread both halves evenly with olive/cheese spread.  Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is melted and beginning to brown.  Serve with spaghetti or lasagna.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

easy apple pie recipe that will rock in your house
betty crocker banana bread recipe 1970 banana nut bread paula deen
that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from