Monday 18 October 2010

Mom's Stroganoff

Looks can be deceiving.  I couldn't come up with a good way to photograph this dish to have it look somewhat decent.  It is what it is, I guess.  But, what does it taste like?  That's the only thing that should matter, right?   

This is one of my favorite dishes. I loved it as a kid and I still love it as an adult.  I have made it countless times.  It is extremely simple to make and it uses ingredients that I usually have on hand.  The only thing is, Jake prefers his stroganoff over bow-tie noodles and I will only eat my stroganoff over a baked potato.  So, what's a girl to do?  Well . . . .
Jake's Dinner

Jenn's Dinner

Mom's Stroganoff
From: Sharon H. (Mom)

1 lb. hamburger
salt and pepper
2 Tbl. onion, finely chopped, opt.
1-2 Tbl. flour
1 (10 3/4 oz.) can cream of chicken soup
1 c. sour cream
milk

Brown hamburger in medium skillet over medium heat.  Add the onion and cook a few minutes until soft.  Season with salt and pepper.  Sprinkle a few Tbl. of flour over hamburger to help thicken sauce.  Add cream of chicken soup and sour cream; stir to combine.  If sauce is too thick, add milk until it reaches desired consistency.  Cook until warm, but do not boil.  Serve over rice, noodles or baked potatoes. Yield: About 4, 1 cup, servings.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

easy apple pie recipe that will rock in your house
betty crocker banana bread recipe 1970 banana nut bread paula deen
that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from