Monday 11 October 2010

KNEADERS SUGAR COOKIES

I cannot believe that I found this recipe!!  The other day at work, we were talking about how much we love Kneaders sugar cookies and wished we could get our hands on the famous recipe.  So, yesterday, I decided why not try to search the internet (I really didn't think I would find anything), but I found the recipe on a local news station's website. Could it be real?  


If you live in Utah, you most likely have eaten something from Kneaders.  It is a bakery & cafe that serves all types of homemade breads, sweets, sandwiches, soups, salads and more.  So so good.  
Well, I couldn't wait any longer, I had to make these cookies.  I decided to cut the recipe in half, just in case they didn't turn out.  Also, they use a powdered lemon flavoring in both the cookies and the icing and since I didn't have any of that I substituted lemon extract in the cookies and went with vanilla extract in the icing, because Jake is not a huge lemon person and I wanted him to eat these cookies with me, so I wouldn't eat them all myself.  Other than that, I followed the recipe exactly.  I was careful not to add too much flour, so they wouldn't be dry.  


The end result, the most amazing sugar cookies ever!!!!  Seriously, this is my new go-to recipe.  I am going to play around with the icing a little bit to see if I can come up with something slightly different, but oh man, these cookies are so soft and fat and melt in your mouth amazing!!  I am not sure how many it makes, because I made big, medium and small cookies and with half a batch, I had three cookie sheets worth.  Do yourself a favor, go make these right now!  
Kneaders Sugar Cookies
adapted from: here

2 c. butter, softened
2 1/4 c. sugar
4 Lg. eggs, lightly beaten
1 c. milk
7 3/4 c. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. lemon flavor
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1 Tbl. honey

Icing:
4 1/2 c. powdered sugar
4 Tbl. corn syrup
3 Tbl. milk
1/4 tsp. lemon flavor

Cream together butter and sugar.  Add eggs and then milk.  Stir in remaining ingredients.  Dough will be soft and sticky.  Place dough on a well floured surface.  Knead in just enough flour to make dough workable.  Dough will be very soft.  It is best to knead with a rolling pin motion so you have a smooth surface and you will not get cracks on top of your cookies.  Gently roll out to 3/8 inch thick.  Cut into desired shapes and place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.  Bake at 325 degrees for 10-12 minutes (mine took 13) or until edges barely start to change colors.  Cool. 

For the icing: mix together all ingredients until smooth.  Dip cookies in icing and hold upside down to allow excess to drip off.  Let harden.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

easy apple pie recipe that will rock in your house
betty crocker banana bread recipe 1970 banana nut bread paula deen
that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from