Monday 20 December 2010

PEPPERMINT CRUNCH COOKIES

Here is a Holiday Cookie recipe for you.  My mom gave me a bag of Andes® Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips and I knew I wanted to make some type of cookie with them, but I couldn't decide on using a sugar cookie type cookie or a plain chocolate chip type cookie.  The recipe on the back of the bag looked like a chocolate chip type cookie, so I went with one of my favorite recipes.  I left some plain and topped with white chocolate and peppermint chips and the other half, I put the peppermint chips in the dough and drizzled white chocolate over the top.  They turned out good, a yummy chewy cookie with a perfect amount of peppermint flavor.  I still have almost a whole bag of the peppermint chips left, so next, I am going to try a chewy chocolate brownie with chocolate frosting and top them with the chips.  Yummy. 

Peppermint Crunch Cookies
cookie dough from: Kelly P.


1/2 c. butter flavored shortening
1/4 c. + 1/8 c. sugar
1/4 c. + 1/8 c. brown sugar    
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 egg
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 Tbl. warm water
1 c. all purpose flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. oats
3 squares white Almond Bark, chopped
Andes® Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips


Cream together shortening and both sugars; add vanilla.  Add the egg, mixing until combined.  Dissolve the baking soda in the warm water and add.  Add flour, salt and oats.  Mix all together.  Drop spoonfuls onto cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for about 10  minutes.  (Using a small ice cream scoop, recipe yields 20 cookies).  Cool completely.  



Add almond bark to a microwave safe glass bowl.  Microwave until melted, stirring every 30 seconds.  Drop a spoonful of melted chocolate onto each cookie; smooth out and sprinkle with peppermint chips.  Or add the peppermint chips to the cookie dough before baking.  Then, using a fork, drizzle white chocolate over the top of each cookie.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

easy apple pie recipe that will rock in your house
betty crocker banana bread recipe 1970 banana nut bread paula deen
that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from