Saturday 18 December 2010

EGGNOG FRENCH TOAST

Here is one more recipe using this fabulous french bread that I made the other night.  I absolutely love eggnog, but I only allow myself to buy one carton of it each year.  My friend, Nicole, told me that I had to try this eggnog french toast, because it is amazing.  So, I purchased my first and only carton of eggnog and made me a batch.  It was really good, but honestly I couldn't taste any eggnog.  All I could taste was the pumpkin spice flavor, which was still delicious, but not eggnog-y.  I really liked the texture the french bread had.  I will probably make a batch of french toast every time I make that french bread.  Delicious.  I still think this fluffy french toast I made awhile ago is the best. 
Eggnog French Toast
adapted from: All Recipes

2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 1/2 c. eggnog
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 loaf French Bread
Maple syrup

Whisk together the eggs, eggnog, pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon until well blended.  Pour into a shallow dish.  Preheat electric skillet to 300 degrees.  Lightly grease the skillet.  Slice french bread.  Dip one slice of bread at a time into the eggnog mixture, being sure to coat each side of bread thoroughly.  Place the prepared bread slices into the preheated skillet and cook, turning once, until golden brown on each side.  Place cooked slices on a serving plate and cover with foil to keep warm until all the french toast is cooked.  Drizzle with maple syrup and serve immediately.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

easy apple pie recipe that will rock in your house
betty crocker banana bread recipe 1970 banana nut bread paula deen
that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from