Friday 17 September 2010

PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS

I absolutely love pumpkin!  Pumpkin cake, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin bread, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin/pecan pie, pumpkin biscuits, etc . . . I think you get the picture!  I was so sad when I found out about the pumpkin shortage.  I went from store to store searching for canned pumpkin, but all I found was empty shelves, until yesterday.  Costco finally got some pumpkin in!  Hallelujah!!!  Costco was also giving away samples of some pumpkin bread/muffin mix you can buy in a box.  They made it into mini muffins and I thought they were really cute, so I had to make my own.     

I found this recipe over at Mel's Kitchen Cafe.  It is under her section titled "The Best Recipes", where she includes her very favorite recipes.  So, I knew they had to be good.  She also included how to make your own pumpkin pie spice.  I already had a store bought jar of pumpkin pie spice, but when it runs out, I will try her recipe.  I think pumpkin and chocolate go so well together.  I cut the recipe in half and got exactly 24 mini muffins.  These are really good and I love that they are mini, so you can just pop them in your mouth with no mess whatsoever.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
adapted from: here

1 2/3 c. flour
1 c. sugar
1 Tbl. pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 c. canned pumpkin
1/2 c. butter, soft
1 c. chocolate chips

Combine all ingredients and then add chocolate chips.  Divide evenly into greased muffin tin.  Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes (or 11-12 minutes for mini muffins).  Do not overbake or they will be dry.  Yield: about 24 muffins (or 48 mini muffins).

Pumpkin Pie Spice (yield: 1 tsp.) (3 tsp. = 1 Tbl.)
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
1/8 tsp. ground cloves

      

No comments:

Post a Comment

easy apple pie recipe that will rock in your house
betty crocker banana bread recipe 1970 banana nut bread paula deen
that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from