Tuesday 15 February 2011

TURKEY PICADILLO SLOPPY JOES

You have got to give these a try!!  This was another recipe from Mexican Made Easy, my favorite Food Network show (other than Paula Deen of course).  I was a little skeptical at first, ground turkey?  Weird?  All I can say is that these are my new favorite Sloppy Joes, the best I've ever had. The ground turkey was not weird at all, in fact I loved it.  The corn is a must in this recipe, do not leave it out.  I promise this is way better than any Sloppy Joe you have ever had, so give them a try. By the way, I was worried that ground turkey was going to be expensive, but I got 1 Lb. for $2.43 which is pretty cheap if you ask me.  
Turkey Picadillo Sloppy Joes
adapted from: Mexican Made Easy

2 Tbl. vegetable oil
1/3 c. onion, finely diced
1/4 c. celery, finely diced
1/4 c. carrots, finely diced
1 c. canned corn
1 garlic clove, minced
1 jalapeno, ribs & seeds removed, finely chopped
1 Lb. ground turkey
1 1/2 c. tomato sauce
1 bay leaf
2 sprigs fresh thyme, chopped (I used dried)
2 sprigs fresh oregano, chopped (I used dried)
S&P
hamburger buns
avocado, sliced, opt.
    
Heat vegetable oil in large skillet.  Add the onion, celery and carrots; saute a few minutes or until tender.  Add corn, garlic and jalapeno; saute another minute. Add the ground turkey and saute until cooked through.  Stir in the tomato sauce, bay leaf, thyme, oregano, salt and pepper.  Reduce heat to medium, cover pan & cook for 10 minutes.  Discard the bay leaf.  Serve on hamburger buns with fresh avocado slices.  Serves: 5-6.

No comments:

Post a Comment

easy apple pie recipe that will rock in your house
betty crocker banana bread recipe 1970 banana nut bread paula deen
that give mcdonalds coupons and 
breakfast coupons you also can find recipe from